Location: Dickinson, TX
Type: Full time
Chemic Engineers and Constructors, Inc. is currently looking for a Sr. Principal Civil/Structural Engineer to be a part of a growing team with a variety of downstream, midstream, EPC, and other industrial projects. In this role, you will work within a dynamic and unique “un-corporate” culture that includes a flexible schedule that aligns with project goals. Chemic is known for their longevity in our marketplace, family and faith first mentality, and leadership that shares authority with those who have been tasked with getting the job done. With two locations south and east of Houston, you can be sure you will not be sitting in traffic and losing 2-3 hours of your life every work day. For this position, base of operation will be south of Houston with travel typically within the south and east area. Detailed description of essential tasks are listed below. We look forward to meeting you!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Review and develop civil/structural project scope, man-hour estimates and execution strategies, including developing execution strategies involving Chemic offices.
- Performs checking, peer reviews for both junior engineers and designers to ensure accuracy, conformance to codes, specifications/standards, design criteria, contract documents and good engineering practice.
- Plans civil/structural discipline quality, monitors quality activities, drives and participates in squad checking, implement improvements where required.
- Ability to lead small to large size teams in coordinating civil/structural efforts and keeping the team focused on scope, schedule, and budget.
- Can interface efficiently with other disciplines to warrant the smooth flow of information necessary for the timely completion of the project.
- Ability to resolve any interdepartmental, inter-discipline, vendor, and/or customer issues.
- Mentors/trains junior engineers and designers. Performs progress assessment of civil/structural group and employee performance reviews.
- Ability to build and implement oversight strategies of civil/structural scope execution and tasks.
- Develops good working relationships with the customers, vendors, and other external parties.
- Participate in constructability reviews and incorporates requirements into design.
- Incorporates relevant regulations, codes/ standards, industry standard practices and customer specifications for the development of deliverables.
- Implements out of box approach, innovative solutions, and technology advances to effectively deal with challenges in engineering/design.
- Ensure alignment to contract specification, standards, and other contract documents.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in civil or Structural Engineering.
- PE licensed in state of Texas.
- 15-20 years of engineering with concrete design, site development, and structural steel.
- Validated leadership work experience from an EPC and EPCM company.
- Knowledge of the discipline specific methods, practices and techniques required to engineer, design and construct projects in Refinery/Petrochemical, Oil & Gas, or power industry.
- Must demonstrate leadership experience and skills including working with global teams.
- Proficient in using structural analysis modeling software STAAD Pro and STAAD Foundation including operating and interpreting results.
- Proficient in industry accepted codes such as IBC, ASCE 7, AISC Steel Construction Manual, ACI 318 etc.
- Working knowledge of CAD software such as AutoCAD.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Multi-office project experience, including international/domestic project customers/locations.
- Takes personal responsibility for safety and a balanced environment on the projects and in the office.
- Ability to provide interoffice execution leadership and support.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Approximately 80% office work and 20% work in the plants and field. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb (at least one flight stairs) and sit for extended periods of time. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you are interested in this job opening, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org