Instrumentation & Electrical DesignerEXPERIENCE: Five or more years engineering and field experience in petrochemical/chemical plants and refineries or Energy.
Electrical experience in:
- Development of common electrical design and drawings including single lines, motor elementary drawings and motor controls (including VFD’s), electrical connection drawings and grounding systems, cable tray systems, underground conduit routing, area classification, cable schedules and develop Bill of Materials for Electrical consumables
- Power and lighting distribution panel specification and supporting distribution design (with area lighting design)
- Ability to perform all calculations associated with instrument cable selection, conductor sizing, voltage drop, conduit fill, cable tray fill and other common electrical design requirements
- Skilled in reading, interpreting and using vendor prints and drawings.
- Ability to interpret technical work to less experienced designers and drafters
- Knowledge of NEC, NFPA, and API codes and regulations
- Ability to perform field survey and complete job proposal and man hour estimates.
Instrument experience in:
- Selection, sizing and specification of all types of instruments and valves used in flow, pressure, temperature and level applications
- Development of instrumentation system drawings such as loop sheets, I/O lists, controls interconnection drawings, location plan drawings, etc.
- Specification and design of PLC and DCS based control systems
- Development of Hazardous Location assessments and drawings
- Evaluate P&IDs for proper instrumentation symbology and control philosophies
- Experience in executing front-end studies and detailed project execution.
- Experience with Delta V, Allen Bradley, and Modicon control systems, SIS (Safety Instrumented Systems) design is a plus.
Providing a family-oriented work environment for 35 years
We offer competitive salaries, medical insurance, 401K, and profit sharing.
Positions are located in the Houston/Galveston area and/or West Houston.
Company information: www.chemic.com