Business Development Manager – Engineering Services
Type: Full Time
Job Description Summary:
The Business Development Manager will have a technical understanding and experience in the selling of engineering services to the Chemicals and Petrochemicals industry. Basic understanding of engineering service disciplines and project phases from FEL stage gate through to detailed engineering, procurement, and construction. Familiar with chemical and petrochemical plant owner environments and industry as a whole. Create relationships with clients and be well informed of today’s market to achieve a steady workload and calculated growth. The goal of these efforts culminates in Chemic’s mission to retain talent and provide purpose and stability for Chemic employees. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for overall market engagement, Chemic branding visibility and awareness, and new client development for Chemic Engineers and Constructors, Inc. If you have a great attitude, are an initiative-taker, and can be proactive with clients and Chemic personnel, this could be the opportunity for you!
- Reporting sales activity and forecasting on a monthly basis to Chemic Management
- Oversee all proposal activity from opportunity to proposal stage collaborating with technical team to close of sale
- Ability to sell non-tangible products
- Able to mine for other new contacts from various sources, to engage them and get a first meeting
- Establish and develop strong and trusting relationships with client decision makers and within mid-level-engineering at identified accounts
- Acquire a thorough understanding of key customer needs and yearly spend at a strategic level
- Drive to increase market share with existing clients and foster growth within the existing account, where possible
- Develop and implement growth strategies that will increase the overall value of the business in terms of both revenue and profitability. Goals to be determined
- Determine potential client targets that could benefit from Chemic’s involvement bringing a niche or strength to help them succeed
- Develop strategy for engineering bids to increase chances of award
- Create business partnerships, where possible, at client corporate and plant levels, working with Chemic Project Managers/Client Managers with each account location. Engage Chemic upper management where it makes sense
- Uncover other clients within a client of an account that could also use our support for engineering project development and execution
- Engage Project Managers/Client Managers on found opportunities within the account to develop a solution or service or provide resources from the office or onsite to help with the client need
- Skillsets to foresee potential problems and develop solutions to move through or around them
- Be consistent on follow up with clients on outstanding proposals asking questions and providing any further clarity to help keep the opportunity moving forward towards closing the opportunity
- Build up brand awareness utilizing social media platforms where it makes sense (i.e., LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- Organize and monitor sales opportunities that come through project managers in their accounts and coworkers who do not report to them
- Provide sales activity updates on accounts and meet monthly/quarterly with Chemic Management
- Search out events and networking opportunities, which make sense, to help make new client contacts in the industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or BBA in Business/Marketing or equivalent from a four-year college or university
- At least 10+ years of experience, specifically in the Chemicals/Petrochemicals and Pharmaceuticals Industries. Oil and Gas, Midstream, and Power Generation experience and familiarity desired too
- Technical skills commensurate with the industry as well as grammatical and proof-reading skills for engineering proposals, documents, marketing materials, presentations, etc.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Word Office 365 including Teams, Word, Excel, and Outlook. Any CRM software background or experience a plus
- Develop and make Presentations for client meetings to inform client of engineering service capabilities, Chemic company information and background
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Travel outside the office required to client sites with office work. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb (at least one flight stairs) and sit for extended periods of time. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer screen; extensive reading. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If this is you, we are interested in meeting you! Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Business Development Manager position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Chemic Engineers & Constructors Inc. (Chemic) is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
No third-party recruiters, please.