Location: Bay Area – La Porte, TX
Type: Full time
Job Description Summary
Chemic Engineers is seeking a Document Control Manager for an on-site position at a petrochemical plant near La Porte Texas. This is a full time, full benefits on-site assignment.
In this role you will create, implement, coordinate and maintain the company’s Document Control System. Responsible for ensuring the quality and usability of project and technical data to accommodate change, optimize the reuse of global standards and best practices, and communicate change related information to business process users. The goal is to achieve consistent conformance to business process standards and ensure engineering data is clear, concise, and valid.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall coordination of controlled documentation within the company.
- Perform the document control function within the chosen Document Control system & SAP.
- Stores, manages, tracks, scans, organizes and maintain documents, adhering to the company’s document lifecycle procedures, and archive inactive records in accordance with the records retention schedule.
- Support user requests for documentation and trains users in Document Control system.
- Receive and process RFIs, RFQs, IFAs, IFCs, IFRs, etc. from employees or vendors and maintain the requests via tracking logs. Create new templates as procedures are updated Performs self-audits to ensures that the current revision is available in a timely manner.
- Help project personnel develop and maintain documents such as meeting minutes, drawings, specifications, approvals and related items.
- Confer with documents originators or engineering liaison personnel to resolve discrepancies and complies required changes to documents.
- Post changes to computerized or manual control record, release documents, and notify affected departments & SAP.
- Track incoming and outgoing documents from engineering services, equipment vendors and 3rd party consultants through transmittals.
- Might be responsible for training employees on document control procedures and policies, which include documentation, retention, retrieval, destruction and disaster recovery.
- Responsible for coordinating document change orders, facilitates review, approval, and retention of risk management
- Assist with file migrations and audits.
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by the
- Familiarity with the various design codes, standards, process & instrumentation diagrams, etc. To enable extraction of design details for respective equipment records.
- Assist with MOC (Management of Change) data input in SAP.
Education, Training, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years document control experience in the Engineering
- Experience with electronic document control and SAP.
- Ability to identify Engineering documents such as DWGS, PI&Ds, ISOs, Loop Drawings, One Lines, etc.
- Ability to prioritize, manage time well, multitask and troubleshoot.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining
- Strong verbal, written, organizational, time management and interpersonal
- Strong computer skills, including working knowledge of MS Office, e-mail, SAP.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk, and sit for extended periods of time. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.