Location: Hitchcock, TX
Type: Full time
Job Description Summary
Provide professional engineering services in instrumentation and control systems design and development on major industrial design/build projects. The candidate should be self-motivated, detail oriented professional with 10+ years of experience on oil and gas, chemical and related industries. At this position, the candidate will manage one or more projects at any given time. The candidate can complete a wide variety of difficult engineering assignments, applying engineering techniques and analysis within the discipline while coordinating with other disciplines to complete projects. Some travel is required to client and vendor sites.
- Function as instrumentation and controls engineer on selected projects as assigned
- Estimates and executes various instrument and controls engineering actions, including technical study and detailed design, concept and front end engineering development
- Develops project designs which meets all recognized industrial codes and standards
- Instrumentation and controls design
- Develop Instrument Lists
- Develop Instrument Datasheets
- Perform Instrument Sizing for Flow Elements, Thermowell, Control Valves, etc.
- PLC, DCS, and SIS design
- Develops electrical power system and I&C drawings and specifications
- Checks and back checks documents, and drawings
- Checks vendor supplied drawings and/or information and coordinates transfer into project drawings.
- Coordinates with other engineering disciplines and environmental
- Performs checkout of vendor provided equipment at vendor and/or jobsite and field pre-commissioning and start-up support.
- Work within a small, multi-disciplinary team of engineers and designers to execute design and engineering on projects.
- Generate design deliverables for projects, working within strict budget and schedule constraints to execute the process engineering scope
- Professionally coordinate and interact with other engineering disciplines, project managers in both engineering and construction functions, and client contacts as assigned.
- Plan and implement procedures and systems to maximize department efficiency
- Work within the I/E & Control Systems Department and perform all duties as assigned
- S. in an Engineering discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical or related area)
- E. by exam is preferred but not required
- Five (5) years of experience working as an Instrument and Controls Engineer
- Experience in industrial process facility instrumentation including sizing, specification of controls valves, shutoff valves, field measurement devices, and P&I D development
- Knowledgeable of instrument wiring systems, common control systems hardware
- Demonstrated record of success in a team-oriented engineering environment
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PP, Outlook and Access)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Professional with a strong personal commitment to ethical business practices
- Some business travel will be required
- Ten (10) or more years of professional, industrial experience is preferred
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Approximately 70% office work and 30% work in the plants and field. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb (at least one flight stairs) and sit for extended periods of time. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.