Senior Project Manager – Job Details
Type: Full Time
Job Description Summary:
The Sr. Project Manager reports to the Manager of Projects and is responsible for project execution with supervisory responsibility of the project execution team. The Sr. Project Manager position must have a great attitude, drive for success and is responsible for organizing, directing, and managing of internal and external resources to meet the Client and Chemic objectives, usually defined as the on-schedule and within-budget completion of the contracted scope of overall engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) project operations.
Based on the project size and organization, directs the Project Team to maximize performance of assigned EPCM functions, which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Understand the Contract Terms and Conditions and monitors activities to ensure compliance.
- Manage and direct project teams by providing communication, coordination, and follow-up to meet project objectives; ensure project scope or work, schedule and budget are clearly defined and understood.
- Manage and oversee the output from the engineering, constructability, procurement, and construction management teams from detail design through commission and start up.
- Lead the planning and development of the scope of work, project procedures, project execution plan (PEP); determine and oversee all project controls, schedules, and budgets
- Sets policy, direction and tone for the execution and implementation of the Contract and monitoring the performance on the project from the various diverse contributors.
- Serve as Chemic project representative with client, contractors, subcontractors, and vendors at kick-off meetings, job walks, project review, and other meetings and correspondence.
- Identify and obtain necessary approvals for all changes in project scope, budget and/or schedule.
- Maintain ongoing communication with client, making adjustments as necessary to comply with client needs within contractual obligations, or adjust project deliverables to meet client needs.
- Reviews and approves project forecasts, financial reports, cash flows, expenditures
- Utilize extensive knowledge of basic engineering fundamentals and practices to track and budget progress with project milestones.
- Establishing and developing EPCM performance criteria, setting requirements and establishing performance standards.
- Directs and approves EPC estimates for use in preliminary budgets, control budgets and target estimates, as well as the overall project execution schedule.
- Coordinating the activities and schedules of the various EPC subcontractors and support services personnel assigned to the project.
- Prepares timely reports on job progress and monitoring the EPCM efforts.
- Reviewing and preparing major purchase requisitions and purchase orders for Chemic supplied equipment and materials.
- Coordinates the constructability efforts between the engineering team, subcontractors, and construction subcontractors.
- Works with Chemic Management and Business Development in Client Development and participates in the strategic planning, development, generation of technical/commercial proposals, and manage portfolio of projects.
- Assigning responsibilities to and between the different functions of the engineering, procurement and construction management team and sets requirements and performance standards.
- Ensuring the engineering, procurement, and construction management team’s adherence to the limits of the work defined in Chemic proposals and project contract and obtain approval for budget and/or schedule changes for any changes or addition in project scope.
- Responsible for ensuring that the design, specifications, drawings and other engineering, construction and procurement data prepared by the Project Team are complete, consistent with industry standards, in accordance with good engineering practice and applicable codes, and in compliance with all pertinent legal codes and requirements.
- Earning the respect of employees through an effective, fair, and consistent people management style.
- Demonstrating the natural ability to assist and guide employees who require support.
- Practicing an in-depth understanding and utilization of management skills, which prevent or minimize workplace misconduct.
- Demonstrating the ability, knowledge, experience, and foresight to address employee issues in a calm, effective and professional manner.
- Requires excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with various levels of management and employees of Chemic and the variety of Clients.
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated and demonstrate the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Requires knowledge of technical and administrative aspects of all phases of project management, including management of information systems used to develop construction projects and preparation of engineering design plans, all related codes, guidelines, and regulations necessary for projects.
- Must know how to lead, manage, facilitate, and communicate in a multidiscipline environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering in any discipline from a four-year college or university or equivalent experience can be considered
- At least 10+ years’ direct project oversight experience; specifically in the Oil and Gas or Chemicals industry
- Competent in the use of computer software applications used for project control and administration, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- PMP and/or Professional Engineer License (desirable)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Approximately 70% office work and 30% work in operating process facilities and other remote field locations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb ladders and stairs (at least one flight) and sit for extended periods of time at a computer. Fluently expressing and exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Senior Project Manager position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Chemic Engineers & Constructors Inc. (Chemic) is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
No third-party recruiters, please.
If you are interested in this job opening, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org